Come along with me for a wild ride across the pampas (and mountains) of Argentina.

May 31, 2010

Video Clip from Chorale

Dear reader:

A video clip from Sunday's Autumn Chorale here in Rafaela! It was great to hear all the different groups and the neighborhood center we sang in was PACKED to the brim. Although the visual is blurry, you can hear the Rafaela Chamber Choir singing one of the Argentine folk songs from our repetoire, Una Pena Nuevamente. Gracias to Sergio (and his wife) for filming and sharing the clip!

I hope you enjoy it!



Here's the text, for those Spanishly-inclined and my roughshod translation:

Una pena nuevamente me está quitando la vida.
Sorrow is once again taking my life.

El remedio es olvidar... y el remedio se me olvida.
The cure is to forget... and I've forgotten the cure.

A mi todos me aconsejan y me obligan que te diga,
Everyone advises me and obliges me to tell you,

que tu mucha ingratitud, me está quitando la vida, ay la vida!
that all of your ungratefulness is taking my life, oh my life!

Si quiero querer y olvidar que pasión será la mía,
If I wanted to love and forget, what kind of passion would mine be?

te quisiera aborrecer... y el remedio se me olvida.
I would like to loathe you... and I've forgotten the cure.

2 comments:

  1. Woww!! cuantos aplausos al final!!!! No conocía esta canción. Triste y bonita.

    Besos mua mua mua!!

    see you in class!!!

    g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The visiting Grandparents and the Colorado cousins say "Thanks for the concert." Saturday Claire graduated high school and today was Connor's awards assembly. Christopher & Kelly had us for supper last night and Kate is working toward her August departure for 2 semesters in Italy. On Sunday, we're off to California for Matthew's June 8th high school graduation, then back to Scipio for a few days before driving to Connecticut for Jana's graduation. Final Stop - Home for Patrick's June 27th graduation! Great fun but exhausting to the doting grandparents. Love, GM & GP

    ReplyDelete